It's a challenge to drop off a small child for their first time at a day care center. It's impossible not to think about this child while you are at work. You can try a few things to improve this situation, before and after you make your selection of daycare for toddlers near me Murray, UT.
Before Your Decision
- Arrange a Visit: Some day care facilities provide a clean, fun environment for kids, while others could use an upgrade. Make sure you eliminate any surprises by arranging a visit and speaking with the day care instructors.
- Review Accreditation: This means that a day care facility meets standards that go beyond what is required through law. A few accreditation organizations are the the National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA), the National Association of Young Children (NAEYC), and the the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (NAC).
- Check Adult-to-Child Ratio: Too many children per teacher will result in inadequate care or even unsafe circumstances at a day care facility. A ratio of one adult to every four children is suitable for infants, while one adult to every 10 children is the standard for age 4.
After Your Decision
- Meet Regularly: Meet regularly with the day care staff. This will ensure that you are always up to date on your child's behavior, things they have learned, and upcoming events.
- Volunteer: All day care centers welcome parents to come lend a hand. This might involve supervising children during the day or helping clean or repair toys during the hours when kids are gone.
- Don't Be Afraid to Make a Change: If you change your mind about the day care center you have selected, it's fine to select a new option. You can't let a difficult to get in the way of your child's safety.