Taking a young child to a day care provider for the first time can be very difficult. Placing this child under the supervision of another always leads to thoughts of concern and doubt. But there are a few items you can try to simplify the affordable infant care Murray, UT process.
Before Your Decision
- Arrange a Visit: Some day care centers provide a clean environment for children, while others could use an upgrade. Eliminate any surprises down the road by setting up a visit and speaking with the day care employees.
- Review Accreditation: Ensure that your day care provider is keeping up with the latest standards. A few accreditation organizations are the the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (NAC), the National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA), and the National Association of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Check Adult-to-Child Ratio: Enrolling too many children will lead to in inadequate care or even dangerous conditions at a day care. If you are taking an infant to day care, shoot for a ratio of four children to each adult. A ratio of 1:10 is the accepted standard for four-year-olds.
After Your Decision
- Meet Regularly: Make sure to have regular appointments with the day care staff. This is the best way to stay up to date with your child's behavior, what they are learning, and upcoming events.
- Volunteer: Volunteer opportunities are always welcome at day care facilities. This could entail supervising children during the day or cleaning rooms or repairing toys during the hours when kids are away.
- Don't Be Afraid to Make a Change: If you have a change of heart about the day care provider you have chosen, it's your right to select a new option. The safety of your child is too valuable for a difficult conversation to get in the way.